Recent Cleaning Posts
How often should you clean your carpets?
Clean enough to eat off of.. but please just use a plate and sit at the table.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months.
The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today 903-238-8100.
Your Local SERVPRO of Longview is Qualified to Restore any Water Damage Caused by Snow
The sudden amount of water can leave lasting consequences of mold or other damage if not treated quickly.
East Texas Is not notorious for their extreme winter conditions. Snow and ice are typically not something we have to worry too much about as Texans. As a stark contrast to that however, just a few days ago we had more snow in a single day than we have had in the past few years combined. While this sudden winter wonderland was an enjoyable change of pace for many people, the beautiful fluffy white snow doesn’t stay that way for long. After the snow melts, it leaves your Longview home or business surrounded by water. The sudden amount of water can leave lasting consequences of mold or other damage if not treated quickly.
One of the things that East Texas is actually known for though, are copious numbers of trees. Most Longview residents have at least two or three growing in their own backyard. The rapidly dropping temperature can cause the limbs of the tree to freeze, which drastically weakens them. This combined with heavy snow piling on top can cause them to break and fall. Falling tree limbs could be completely harmless and simply land on the ground, but they can also fall and puncture your roof. The quickly melting snow can then leak through, causing a myriad of different issues.
Rest assured though, SERVPRO of Longview is trained and ready to handle these exact problems. SERVPRO of Longview is locally owned and operated, so we are part of this community too. When you have a flooding or water emergency, we are already nearby and ready to help. SERVPRO of Longview's disaster recovery team has served the Longview area and stands ready — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — for whatever happens. So, do not let the freezing weather freeze you up, call the pros today at (903) 238-8100.
Upholstery Cleaning and MORE for Your Longview Home with SERVPRO of Longview
SERVPRO of Longview could save the furniture you already own, saving you the hassle and heartbreak of purchasing an entirely new one.
Having a fire or flood in your Longview home is never a good time. One of the toughest parts of the entire process is getting rid of the damaged furniture and personal belongings. So many of these items can have sentimental value to you and there is just nothing that can quite replace it. That is one of the main reasons SERVPRO offers industry leading upholstery cleaning. Whether it is your great-grandmothers old rocking chair that has been in the family for generations, or maybe your child’s favorite stuffed animal, we can help restore them their former glory.
But SERVPRO is not just limited to helping you only if you have had fire or flood damage. SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home. However, we do not just stop there. SERVPRO also offers their residential cleaning services to remove any not so pleasant odors, truly stopping it at the source and going beyond an average cleaning service.
So, if you have just read this and experienced anything close to it, give the SERVPRO of Longview pros a call at
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Longview today at 903-283-8100 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Holiday Cleanup Tips
SERVPRO of Longview can clean your carpets and make them smell great again!
Cleaning up after the holidays can be a lot of work, but it’s necessary work. You want to start your new year with a fresh clean house, and not a house full of messes caused by the holidays. Here are some suggested things to do to help clean up.
Clean Up After Guests:
- Give all the surfaces in your home a nice deep clean
- Wash all the linens
- Vacuum all your carpet (you could even call SERVPRO of Longview to clean your carpets!)
- Mop your floors
- Clean out your refrigerator. Once you’re done with the last of your leftovers, then clean and store your leftover containers.
If you have a natural Christmas tree, here are some tips on how to get tree sap spots out of of your home:
- If you get sap on your clothes, knit gloves or rugs, put some rubbing alcohol on the area and run it through the laundry with warm water. Repeat again if it all doesn’t come out.
Clean and Store Decorations:
- Make sure you have enough tote boxes, and appropriate boxes for all of your decorations.
- Throw out any broken lights or decorations. No sense of keeping broken stuff, it will help declutter things. (Unless the item is sentimental, of course.)
- If you have decorations for certain rooms in your home, make sure you label your boxes for what room they belong in. This will make decoration setup go much more smoothly next year.